I’m sure there are more than enough articles and books about leadership already. Since life is all about experiences, this might as well be a tiny contribution to that experience. Here is a personal note about leadership.
“Leadership is both a research area and a practical skill encompassing the ability of an individual or organization to “lead” or guide other individuals, teams, or entire organizations.” - Wikipedia
On the surface
- It cannot be pretended, and you will notice when working with the person
- They don’t have to be one of your bosses, they lead without the organizational power
- There will never be a perfect leader, and they will have weaknesses
Indications of leaders
- They accept negative feedbacks with a strong skill to handle it on a personal level.
- They expand to your thoughts and ideas by really listening and validating detailed questions.
- They focus on team building by being part of the team.
- They know empowerment and acknowledgement is the key to success.
- The rest is achieved based on the foundation of the previous four points.